Why Join SMC?
Responsibilities as a club member:
|Meet new friends with similar outdoor interests||Organise and participate in meets and contribute to social events|
|Improve your mountaineering skills and fitness||Help with maintenance of Clwt-y-Bel (1-2 days a year)|
|Enjoy weekends in fantastic mountain areas||Attend the AGM (penultimate Tuesday evening of January) and vote for officers and the committee|
|Use of Clwt-y-Bel||Pay annual subscription (currently £35) by end of January each year|
|Catch up on member news with bi-monthly newsletter|
|Receive associate membership of the British Mountaineering Council |
(includes third-party mountaineering and civil liability insurance)
|Great discount for members at various outdoor shops such as Cotswold and Blacks|
|Keep up-to-date with member news through dedicated Facebook closed group|
|Learn and try new outdoor activities with experienced members on hand|
- Is there more information about safety?
- Individual responsibility
- How do I join SMC?
- How many members are in SMC?
- How far do you walk on a Tuesday?
- Do I need insurance?
- Can I join the climbing evening if I have never climbed?
- Do I need to be able to read a map?
- Is there an age limit for joining?
- How fit do I need to be?